Thursday, August 18, 2016

Success and Failures- Olympic Style

I'm obsessed with the Olympics. And I mean obsessed! I specifically love the swimming with beach volleyball a close second, but I don't stop there. I watch Olympic prime time every night and get caught up in all the athletes, their stories, their successes and their failures. And during the day while I am writing, and especially when I work out, I make sure the Olympics are playing in the background.


It amazes me how much work goes in to a few seconds performance. And how little time races and sports are won by...like hundredths of seconds or points. I cry with the winners. I cry with the losers. But I am inspired by each and every story.


I'm bummed knowing that the Olympics are coming to an end this weekend. It always seems to go too quickly and never come around again quickly enough. And it's hard to keep up with each and every sport throughout the years in between. Each sport has their own championships, world games, etc. and there is no other event that brings all these sports together at once for the world to watch.

I'm always so inspired when watching the games. There's something about other's journeys that make me want to get out there right now and do something...anything. I mean, sure I could play beach volleyball (ummm,,,yeah right) Or maybe I could get that vault (hahaha...) Or sure, I could swim that fast (in my dreams...) Yeah! No...age might be my first downfall...but skill definitely is a close second. :)

Okay, okay in all reality. Olympic-type success comes in all different shapes, sizes, and styles. I think what the Olympics do for me is bring that sense and desire of wanting to achieve a goal no matter what might stand in my way. They remind me that hard work, determination and skill can get me far, that I can reach for the stars and actually touch them someday! And if I fail, I should never stop trying. And although I joked about age...that really is just a number and should never stop me from my dreams.

The stories from the Olympics are truly amazing. Those athletes seem super human. But maybe we all can be a little super human sometimes! Don't ever stop reaching for your dreams. You can and will get there someday!



Inspirations comes in all forms, and we are all extraordinary!



So...are you keeping up with the Olympics? How do they make you feel?



The Olympic games may be coming to an end, but I do look forward to the Paralympics and plan to watch what I can. They aren't cover as closely as the Olympics, but trust me, I'll find a way.
Best to you,
Becca

No comments: