Thursday, August 1, 2013

Finding Inspiration

When you need to find inspiration, where do you look?





Do you find it...

In nature?

In animals?

During a walk?

On the web?

In a blog post?

In other people?

In a child?

In yourself?

In art?

In photos?

In music?

In anything?




Inspiration is defined as the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something. It is the influence of thought or strong feelings on actions.

What is inspiring to one person may not be inspiring to another.

I am inspired by many things. Some days inspiration just comes to me...other days I have to look for it.


What inspires you?

Where do you find your inspiration?


9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's whatever moves us.
Music and movies inspire me the most.

Susan Oloier said...

A lot of times in music. Often ideas come during the act of driving or brushing my teeth or moving in some way (when the body is busy, but the mind is free to roam).

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I'm like Susan: I get much of my inspiration from music. Right now, I am listening to Kitaro's THE SILK ROAD -- and I can feel the ghost of William Faulkner wanting to do a guest post for me on the subject of the Silk Road of our dreams.

Dana said...

For me, it's often nature and music.

Robin said...

I am inspired by everything from books to music to movies to TV shows to pictures to bumper stickers on a car. People inspire me. Nature inspires me. If it touches your soul then it is inspirational. I think we all get graced with inspiration more than we know!

Julie Flanders said...

I would say nature and music as well. I'm at a point where I'm really having to look for inspiration right now, it's not coming easily at all. Love these pics. :)

A Beer for the Shower said...

Nature always inspires me. Went camping last weekend, and I've been spewing creativity all week. Well, I hope that's all I'm spewing...

Morgan said...

Beautiful post. Definitely in music and the world around me. :D

Mark said...

Funny you should bring this up...I was just blogging about how dreams at night effect my writing. But I'd have to say that my wife and my baby son inspire me plenty these days. A summer garden doesn't hurt either:)