Monday, January 6, 2014

Forget New Year's Resolutions...They're Always Broken Anyway


Did you know that nearly 50% of people make new year's resolutions, but only 8% will follow through with them.

So this year I'm skipping the resolutions, and well, I guess I'll just see what happens. 



But that doesn't mean that I don't have some fun and exciting things planned for the upcoming year..(I'm just not spending precious time on all those unrealistic goals I try to set and never follow each year.)

Here are my Upcoming events for 2014

Colorado Teen Literature Conference, Denver, Colorado

I am so excited to report that I will be on the local author panel for this year's 
Colorado Teen Literature Conference held on April 5, 2014 at the Tivoli, Auraria Campus in Downtown Denver with keynote speakers David Levithan and A.S. King.

I will also be presenting two different presentations at the conference. (More on that to come!)


"The Colorado Teen Literature Conference is a yearly event held in Colorado to promote and celebrate teen literature. The conference offers diverse sessions thanks to the willingness of knowledgeable librarians, teachers, authors, and teens who share their expertise for the event.
We believe that quality literature for teens and young adults is available in ever increasing amounts, but is under-publicized and under-utilized in many literacy development efforts directed to teens. Because of this, the conference focuses attention on significant authors, their writing, and methods for incorporating this literature in teaching and in library outreach programs."

Sign up for the Colorado Teen Literature Conference is going on now at http://coteenlitconf.org/ Hope you can make it! I would love to see you there.

January is National Stalking Awareness Month


More on this in the coming days and weeks. Join me and raise awareness on the issue of stalking.


February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness month


Once again, throughout the month of February I will be raising awareness about teen dating violence. Join me as I join forces with organizations such as Love is Respect.org and Break the Cycle.org to bring light to this devastating issue of teen violence.


Upcoming Publishing News!

I am happy to announce that I am working hard on my next two books. I am hoping that publishing is in the near future...It's about time!

Keep an eye out for my new releases!

What is coming up in 2014 for you???


Before you go...Please stay warm in this cold weather! Bundle up!


Smile more...and add a little kindness!

~ Best to all!
Becca

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No snow here but we will be very cold.
That's awesome you are part of the conference!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Stay warm!!!!

Andrea said...

The conference sounds great! Have a wonderful time!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thanks!!! I am so excited!

Pat Hatt said...

Resolutions are crap anyway, as none follow through as you say. Plenty of crap snow here I fear

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Many set unrealistic goals that's for sure. Stay warm and dry. And enjoy the snow.

Jennie Bennett said...

It's cold for Texas, but not as cold as Colorado!! Congrats on your presenter role :)

Robin said...

I don't have words to say how saddened I am that teen violence is as BIG as it is. When did this happen???? What is happening to instilling values in our kids? Where are we going as a society? They say that the children are our future. How did we fail them so miserably?

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@JA Bennett- Thanks and stay warm!! It's cold everywhere...

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Robin- My question exactly!

Crystal Collier said...

That conference sounds amazing! If only it weren't 2000+ miles away.

Stalking awareness. Yes please. I'll take more stalking. Oh wait, you mean stop stalking? Erm, no, I like my stalkers. ;)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Crystal- Lol! I'm talking stalking with a capital S...you know the kind that doesn't end well...but yes- follower-stalking is always wanted.

Wish you were closer to join me at the CO teen lit. conference...so much fun!

Victoria Marie Lees said...

Thank you, Rebecca. You stay warm as well. This is beginning to be a crazy winter. Thanks for the great information about teens. Good luck with your writing. I have a short story coming out in the February 2014 issue of Cricket Magazine, a YA literary magazine.