Monday, April 30, 2012

Never Give Up!

Anything is possible!

At least that's what I want to believe.  But as I continue to muddle through all the information on the internet, I find myself even more lost.

I love to write. I have a book that I'd love to publish. And most of all, I want to raise awareness.

But right now? I need to build that ever-needed platform. I've been told it's one the most important tools for any writer in today's online media world.

I missed the challenge that Robert Brewer (http://robertleebrewer.blogspot.com) had throughout the month of April- so I'm starting to do it on my own...(which is very challenging in itself by the way!) He started it on April 1st and posted a task for writer's to accomplish each day of the month. By the end of April, writers following his challenge should now have a stronger platform. (Did it work? Since I didn't find out about it until the last week of April, I have no idea, but my guess is it helped and thus why I am trying on my own by reading his back logs.)

I've set up all those needed social networking accounts- but then what? Who to follow? How to get followers? What to comment on? What to even say? And why in the world would anyone want to follow me?

So, that brings me to this moment- lost...confused...ready to just give up...

I know at one point or another we have all been here. It doesn't matter who we are or what we're trying to achieve, we've all been to a place where we're ready to just give up. But when we are in that moment, it feels like we are the only ones, that we are all alone...am I right? "No one has ever been here before- I am surely the only one who has ever gone through this before!"

I know I need to step back and take a break- things aren't always as bad as they seem...really! I need to continue to do my research and consult an expert on the things I'm struggling with...who are the experts though? Once I figure out what needs to happen, I need to re-evaluate and change my course of action, or just keep pushing forward with the things I'm doing correctly...what those things are, now that's a good question. Finally, I must push through the toughness...and we all know that's the tough part.

I don't have the answers- when I figure them out, I'll let you know!!!  I will blog about it! (Maybe even write a book! :) ) Until then, I will keep pushing forward...and forward...and take a few steps back before I push forward again!

Believe in dreams, inspire others, and never, never, never give up!


I know- sometimes that's easier said than done!








No comments: