Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme Challenge



I was tagged by Amanda Fanger for the Lucky 7 Meme Challenge. (How exciting! Thanks Amanda!)



Here are the rules: (although I have noticed they vary- as long as it has to do with 7's-it looks like anything is game.)

1. Go to page 77 of your current WIP MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating!
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let each and every one of them know


Right now I am working on final edits, cover art, and formatting for Break From You, a young adult novel on dating abuse. 

Break From You- After being rescued from a burning restaurant the night of homecoming, seventeen year old Brooke Myers' falls for the boy who saves her life and is forced to re-evaluate her relationship with her abusive boyfriend and face the things she once thought were perfect.

So here goes...7 lines from pg 77 in the manuscript of Break From You

  
“What?” he said with actual shock in his tone. “You think I’m going to hit you?”

“No,” I lied. 

He leaned down and kissed my neck close to my ear. “I love you,” he whispered. His face softened as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

I stared at him, stunned. I had to quickly close my mouth as I was sure it was gaping open. He had just said he loved me. I couldn’t believe it. He said the three most amazing words ever. All else was easily forgotten.

With his hand at the base of my neck, he pulled me close and kissed me on the forehead. Moving his hand to my jaw line, he raised my chin. I met his eyes.

“I love you,” he repeated. “I would never hurt you.”He stepped back and smiled.

When he walked away, I was left standing there, wondering why I believed him when my arm was throbbing in pain.




Look out for my tweet for the next lucky 7!


 

7 comments:

Susan Oloier said...

Rebecca, I am really excited to read this! When will it be released?
This is a wonderful excerpt and teaser for the upcoming novel.

Amanda Fanger said...

This has me hooked already. I want more. Please.

:D

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thank you! and thanks again for the tag- looking forward to more of yours, too!

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thank you so much! I'm not sure on release date- but I am hoping to have something set soon.

I am excited for the release of your new YA novel, Superstitions, and am looking forward to finding some time (in the sunshine by the pool) this weekend to read Fractured.

Amanda Fanger said...

By the way, where did you get the cool little picture for this post?

Anonymous said...

OoOooooh! Very enticing! I totally want to know the story here. Lucky 7 Memes are the best! Thanks for tagging me, Rebecca. :)

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

Thanks! Make sure you come back here and link to your Lucky 7 Meme when you get the chance! I can't wait to read it!