Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Reading

So, the holidays are upon us, and even though very little snow has fallen in Colorado and I'm so busy I can barely turn around without knocking something over, I still like to grab a good book and curl up to read this time of year. (I also enjoy mindlessly laying on the couch and watching "It's a Wonderful Lifetime" -the Lifetime channel's series of holiday shows, or other holiday movies- but that's another post!)

Here are some of my favorite must-reads this time of year:

The Classics:

The Gift of the Magi-by O' Henry- I love this short story about the deep love of a couple and their desire to give up their most treasured gifts for each other. I am always drawn to this story and is a must read every year.
The Gift of the Magi.jpg

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens- I have to read this story every year. I love the tale and it's message. It has always been a tradition in my family to watch the movie version with George C Scott every year on Christmas Eve.












A Visit From St. Nicholas by Clement Clarke Moore - A favorite of all. A must read short story before bed on Christmas Eve.


Product Details











Other great Christmas reads:

Comfort and Joy by Kristin Hannah - I read this story a couple of years ago for the first time and loved it. A great story for the season with surprising twists and turns.

Product Details











On Strike for Christmas by Sheila Roberts -Any girls dream...to go on strike at Christmas time. And of course nothing would get done. "The right way," that is. The movie came out last year, and I have yet to see it. Maybe I'll pick it up and watch this season.
Product Details


What stories are a must-read for you this time of year? What are your favorite Holiday tales?




Post a Comment