The amazing and talented Amanda Fanger nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am very honored and humbled by this award. Thank you, Amanda for all the support and kind words.
If you are not already following Amanda, make sure you head over to her inspiring blog. I am so glad I've gotten to know her on this blogging and writing journey.
I can't tell you how much this award means to me. Too often I feel like I'm going nowhere...not sure if anyone reads what I write, not sure who would really care about what I have to say, so receiving this shout out means the world to me.
As part of accepting this award, I must share seven things about myself, so here goes...
1. I love pinwheels, bright colors, and daisies.
2. I love line dancing and go to class a few times a week for exercise.
3. I get caught up in Hallmark and Lifetime movies, especially all of the holiday movies this time of year. I also love shows like Criminal Minds.
4. I am gluten free...but sadly, I hate to cook- so someday I am going to write about how I cook gluten free the quick and easy way.
5. I am not shy, and love long talks with friends.
6. I believe in talking about the tough issues--even when no one else will--because it's important raise awareness, advocate for others, and let individuals know they are not alone.
7. I am inspired by those around me...my husband, my parents, my boys, my friends. I am inspired by the ladies from line dancing. I am inspired by music and songwriters. I am inspired by other writers and bloggers. And I am inspired by others who speak out, stand up and spread awareness on tough issues.
Thank you all for being there for me, inspiring me, and encouraging me to keep moving forward.
There are a couple of wonderful writers I want to extend this award to...
Kendra Merritt. Kendra is one of my writing buddies. She is an extremely gifted writer and her blog is very inspirational. Make sure you check her out. It is worth sitting down and spending time reading her back posts.
Susan Oloier. Susan is my writing partner over at Moxie Writers. Susan is one of the most talented and inspirational people I know. I am so blessed to have met her. And very honored that she wanted to team up with me to write. She is currently on a break from blogging, but her blog was amazing and I will miss reading it everyday. If you get a chance, check out her website and her books. I love them all.
Michael Di Gesu. I have just recently met Michael and started following his blog. He is very inspirational, encouraging, and supporting.
Who are some great bloggers and writers that inspire you? Please share a link in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you!