Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cookies, Movies and Music

It's that time of year...the crazy, trying hard to keep up with things, and doing way too much...time of year.

Mailing cards, shopping, gift wrapping, party going, cooking, baking, on and on and on...and then I like to add in reading, movie watching, and relaxing (ya, right.) But of course, I still have to do my regular day-to-day stuff, too, like writing, blogging, editing, marketing, etc....my, oh, my and I wonder where all my time goes.

It's no wonder I always feel so overwhelmed. I'm sure you all are relating- right?

Regardless, I try really hard to enjoy every moment, and I have my favorites that make this time of year special.

Cookies
Cookie baking doesn't come easily for me. Being gluten free isn't my only obstacle. Sadly, I hate to bake. I don't like to cook either, but being gluten free has forced me to do both. And if I want Christmas cookies, then I must roll up my sleeves and bake. Amazingly, I was able to create some good tasting (and looking) cookies. They tasted and looked good enough that I shared with my gluten-free neighbor.

Grain-free/Gluten-free Sugar Cookie Cut-outs











Flour-less Peanut Butter Cookies











Grain-free/Gluten-free Snowballs (Walnut/Pecan Sandies)











(pretty good for someone who doesn't bake, huh?)

Movies
Every year, I have a bunch of Holiday movies I just have to watch. It doesn't feel like Christmas without them. Most of the time, I have the movie on in the background while I'm wrapping, baking, or finishing up the cards. However, some nights I stay up late on the couch to watch these movies.

Christmas Vacation
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (dvd) Overview











One Magic Christmas (I think this is by far my favorite Christmas movie)
 

A Christmas Carol (with George C Scott)
 

Anything on Lifetime
 

Music
I love the classic Holiday songs like Rudolf, Silent Night, Let it Snow, Jingle Bells, etc. I basically love them all. But I thought I share with you Train, Shake it Up Christmas




What are your favorite cookies, movie, and music?


Be safe and merry!




3 comments:

Dana said...

I'm weird. I don't think I really have any favorite Christmas movies or music. As far as cookies go, chocolate chip is my year round favorite. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Great movie choices.

For me it's WHITE CHRISTMAS and A CHRISTMAS CAROL with GEORGE C. SCOTT.

MUSIC... ALL OF IT. from THE NUTCRACKER TO the KING FAMILY.....

Jim Hogam said...

I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
We also provide Hotmail & yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to
Yahoo Customer Care
Contact yahoo help