Friday, April 26, 2013

W-Wellness and Health and Characters From YA Books




ellness and Health



Staying well and healthy is important for everyone. Some great ways to stay fit and health are to reduce screen time-- get away from that computer-- and increase exercise, watch proportion sizes, eat healthy meals and snacks, and don't skip breakfast.

Here are some characters from YA books that deals with health and wellness...




Jennifer from Sweethearts by Sara Zarr is now in high school and has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be---but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost friend.






Nat, Lise, and Sofia  from Leaving Jetty Road by Rebecca Burton are taking control of their lives and their health. But this is the year that will change them all.









Don't Forget about the power of three!!!

Head over to Moxie Writers for more on the YA cause/tough issue and organizations that help.

Head over to Susan Oloier's site for a song and lyrics that pertain to today's issue.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It worries me to see so many kids out of shape these days.

Dana said...

You do know that my TBR list is becoming unmanageably long, don't you? ;)

Thanks. ☺

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

@Alex- I agree.

@Dan- Lol! :)

Julie Flanders said...

This is something I need to be focusing on right now. I was way too lazy over the winter!

Andrea said...

Interesting topic for YA books!

Anonymous said...

This is advice I could definitely stand to follow. I'm sure if I went to bed earlier, exercised more, and ate healthier I wouldn't come home and nap every day, only to get mad at myself for wasting time. ;)